Golf Cart Safety

Golf cartAn important warning based on a recent alarm call handled by the Avalon Fire Department:

Batteries in golf carts emit hydrogen (an odorless, colorless, and highly flammable gas) when charging.

In high quantities,  hydrogen gas will activate a carbon monoxide detector.

The alarm call to the Avalon Fire Department was caused by a cart charging while inside a closed garage.

Therefore, charging the cart should be limited to outside, or in a well ventilated area.

This entry was posted in Life at the Shore. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Tim Kerr Sothebys Logo