Nuns’ Beach, Stone Harbor

The Nuns’ Beach “store” is open (111th and Second Avenue), and the Sisters are on hand to talk about their plans for the historic property.

For details, see the article in the Seven Mile Times .

I understand the practical aspect of their decision, yet I am also heartbroken about the change.

The kind Sisters of The Immaculate Heart of Mary and Villa Maria have been the subject of MANY posts over the years:

In the meantime…the stately structure will continue to be one of my favorite views!

VillaMariaSH

This entry was posted in Life at the Shore, Stone Harbor, New Jersey- News. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

17 Comments

1. Eileen
    Posted August 10, 2019 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

So many memories. This made me so sad but I recall so many happy times with the Sisters, especially my own sister, Sister Ann Loretta

2. Sally Ott
    Posted October 4, 2019 at 11:51 am | Permalink

I’m trying to make purchases from the Nun’s Beach store by phone. The information says “see Seven Mile Times for info but there is no info there for “the store”. The only phone number I can find requires a code. Is it possible to order T-shirt s and decals and pay over the phone? I can’t get there but very much want to make these purchases. I live in the DC area.

Sally Ott
    703-980-8229

3. Posted October 5, 2019 at 9:25 am | Permalink

Hi Sally. I just sent you an email with a phone number for Sister James.

4. Carol
    Posted October 14, 2019 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

Hi Ann,
    I was hoping you could help me. I did not make it to Stone Harbor this year and I would like to purchase some shirts and umbrellas. Have not had much luck getting to Sister James Dolores at Villa Maria by the Sea “Nuns Beach”. Can you help me by sending me her contact information?
    Thank you.
    Carol Quinlivan
    (607)262-1010
    quinlivanca@yahoo.com

5. Posted October 15, 2019 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Carol: I just sent you an email with the local phone number for Sister James.

6. Karen Wallin
    Posted January 18, 2020 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

I’m always too late, but wanted to check if I can still buy t-shirts from Sister.

7. Posted January 18, 2020 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Sister James is still in residence. Will email you her phone number.

8. Karen Wallin
    Posted January 18, 2020 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

Great! Thank you.

9. Barbara Buff
    Posted May 31, 2020 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Will the ‘store’ be opened for the summer of 2020?

Barbara Buff

10. Posted May 31, 2020 at 9:28 am | Permalink

Good question. Not so far, but maybe once retail shops are permitted to open. Will keep an eye out!

11. Heather Mullaney
    Posted June 20, 2020 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Could you please send me contact info for T-shirts?
    Thank you!

12. Posted June 25, 2020 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Try
    Sister James Dolores, IHM
    11101 First Avenue
    Stone Harbor NJ 08247

They have not opened the “store” this summer.

13. Young Jim
    Posted July 6, 2020 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

Hi Ann. The pray for surf logo nuns beach has become Popular with some at navy special forces. Are the hats available.? I know this is not your job but I said I would check into it
    Maybe a contact or the printer/manufacturer?

Jim

14. Posted July 6, 2020 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

I noticed that Sister James had the “shop” open for a few hours yesterday. Best to talk with her with any questions.

15. Young Jim
    Posted July 6, 2020 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Could you email me her number or email. Thank you for getting back to me

16. Mary Ann Pruskowski
    Posted July 9, 2020 at 9:44 am | Permalink

Hi Ann, I have been trying to contact Sister James for the past week but keep getting a busy signal when I call St. Mary By the Sea. Is there another way to reach out to her?
    I would like to order shirts this year if they are available .

Thanks for your help.
    Mary Ann

17. Posted July 9, 2020 at 10:34 am | Permalink

I sent you an email with another phone number.