Nuns’ Beach, Stone Harbor

The Nuns’ Beach “store” is open (111th and Second Avenue), and the Sisters are on hand to talk about their plans for the historic property.

For details, see the article in the Seven Mile Times .

I understand the practical aspect of their decision, yet I am also heartbroken about the change.

The kind Sisters of The Immaculate Heart of Mary and Villa Maria have been the subject of MANY posts over the years:

In the meantime…the stately structure will continue to be one of my favorite views!

VillaMariaSH

This entry was posted in Life at the Shore, Stone Harbor, New Jersey- News. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

30 Comments

1. Eileen
    Posted August 10, 2019 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

So many memories. This made me so sad but I recall so many happy times with the Sisters, especially my own sister, Sister Ann Loretta

2. Sally Ott
    Posted October 4, 2019 at 11:51 am | Permalink

I’m trying to make purchases from the Nun’s Beach store by phone. The information says “see Seven Mile Times for info but there is no info there for “the store”. The only phone number I can find requires a code. Is it possible to order T-shirt s and decals and pay over the phone? I can’t get there but very much want to make these purchases. I live in the DC area.

Sally Ott
    703-980-8229

3. Posted October 5, 2019 at 9:25 am | Permalink

Hi Sally. I just sent you an email with a phone number for Sister James.

4. Carol
    Posted October 14, 2019 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

Hi Ann,
    I was hoping you could help me. I did not make it to Stone Harbor this year and I would like to purchase some shirts and umbrellas. Have not had much luck getting to Sister James Dolores at Villa Maria by the Sea “Nuns Beach”. Can you help me by sending me her contact information?
    Thank you.
    Carol Quinlivan
    (607)262-1010
    quinlivanca@yahoo.com

5. Posted October 15, 2019 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Carol: I just sent you an email with the local phone number for Sister James.

6. Karen Wallin
    Posted January 18, 2020 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

I’m always too late, but wanted to check if I can still buy t-shirts from Sister.

7. Posted January 18, 2020 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Sister James is still in residence. Will email you her phone number.

8. Karen Wallin
    Posted January 18, 2020 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

Great! Thank you.

9. Barbara Buff
    Posted May 31, 2020 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Will the ‘store’ be opened for the summer of 2020?

Barbara Buff

10. Posted May 31, 2020 at 9:28 am | Permalink

Good question. Not so far, but maybe once retail shops are permitted to open. Will keep an eye out!

11. Heather Mullaney
    Posted June 20, 2020 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Could you please send me contact info for T-shirts?
    Thank you!

12. Posted June 25, 2020 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Try
    Sister James Dolores, IHM
    11101 First Avenue
    Stone Harbor NJ 08247

They have not opened the “store” this summer.

13. Young Jim
    Posted July 6, 2020 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

Hi Ann. The pray for surf logo nuns beach has become Popular with some at navy special forces. Are the hats available.? I know this is not your job but I said I would check into it
    Maybe a contact or the printer/manufacturer?

Jim

14. Posted July 6, 2020 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

I noticed that Sister James had the “shop” open for a few hours yesterday. Best to talk with her with any questions.

15. Young Jim
    Posted July 6, 2020 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Could you email me her number or email. Thank you for getting back to me

16. Mary Ann Pruskowski
    Posted July 9, 2020 at 9:44 am | Permalink

Hi Ann, I have been trying to contact Sister James for the past week but keep getting a busy signal when I call St. Mary By the Sea. Is there another way to reach out to her?
    I would like to order shirts this year if they are available .

Thanks for your help.
    Mary Ann

17. Posted July 9, 2020 at 10:34 am | Permalink

I sent you an email with another phone number.

18. Larisa Roth
    Posted August 1, 2020 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Would it be possible if you could send me the contact phone number or email to order t-shirts? We usually stop there every year but unfortunately I don’t think we are going to make it this year. Thank you!

19. Michele Palumbo
    Posted August 1, 2020 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

I would like to buy tshirts but leaving the island Sunday 8/2. Could you help please.
    My cell 484-645-1905. Text is the best way to reach me.
    Michele

20. Piper Rothschild
    Posted August 7, 2020 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Would like info on how to purchase Nun’s Beach shirts or merchandise? Thank you for replying.

21. Joanne Parr
    Posted August 11, 2020 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Would you please send me information on how I may purchase T-shirt’s for Nuns’ Beach.
    Thank you so much!
    Joanne Parr

22. Michael Hand
    Posted September 4, 2020 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Hello,

Would I also be able to receive information on how to order some shirts. Greatly appreciated!
    Michael Hand

23. joyce ahrens
    Posted September 5, 2020 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

How can I purchase a 2020 shirt from nuns beach . Is the gift shop open and if so what are there hours

24. Ceily Pugliese
    Posted September 19, 2020 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Can you share info to get Nuns beach merchandise? I really appreciate it.

25. Mary Sugalski
    Posted April 17, 2021 at 9:05 am | Permalink

Greetings, please share how to purchase t-shirts for nuns beach? My husband has along sleeve one from several years ago and it’s still going strong. Would like to get one for myself too!
    Thanks, Mary

26. Posted April 17, 2021 at 10:33 am | Permalink

Mary: The garage/store will remain open this season- even during the construction.
    Sister James should be on hand most weekends to sell the current Nuns’ Beach wear!

27. Chip Jordan
    Posted July 5, 2021 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Also was wondering if hats and sweatshirts were still available for purchase. Family has been going to Stone Harbor since the 1950s after WWII, that place is apart of 7 mile Island.

28. Posted July 5, 2021 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

The garage store is still open for sales!

29. Jody McAloose
    Posted July 26, 2021 at 8:52 am | Permalink

Can someone please email me the phone number to purchase Nuns Beach items by phone. Thank you!!!

30. Posted July 26, 2021 at 9:13 am | Permalink